Conditions of Lending
1. The applicant should be Omani national, of not less than 18 year old.
2. The applicant should be married and he and his wife does not own a house in Oman. Applications from bachelors, divorced, widows of both genders may be considered if there is a justification following study of their social status and their essential need for a house.
3. The applicant should have the plot on which the intended housing project will be built.
4. The plot on which the intended housing project will be carried out should not be attached in favor of any other authority or wholly or partially affected by planning or is subject to any other deterrents.
5. The applicant should have fixed and constant monthly income that enable him to repay the loan installments on regular basis to the bank.
6. The applicant should have the difference of the project costs if these costs exceed the loan limit, which can be granted to him by the bank.
7. Neither the applicant nor his wife should not have availed the social housing system provided by the Ministry of Housing, Electricity and Water unless the loan is intended for expansion and there is a exigent need for the same.
8. Neither the applicant or his wife should have obtained a previous housing loan whether from the bank or from his employer.
9. Neither the applicant nor his wife should be entitled to a housing loan as per their employer’s housing scheme.